I discovered Lauren, the lady behind From My Grey Desk a few weeks back through Pinterest. Someone had pinned one of her hairstyle tutorials, and I followed the link to her blog. At the time I had really long hair and was getting to the point that I get to every four years or so where I NEED to cut off a huge chunk of my hair. So I looked around her blog and it made me go all girly and want to play with makeup and hairdo’s and such. I even bought new bobby pins.
She has a link party on Friday’s called High Five For Friday. It’s where you talk about five cool things from the past week. So I thought I’d join the party this week 🙂
1. Being Home! Nashville was great, but I’m so happy to back home in my own bed, my own shower, and squishing this furry face.
2. Elise Blaha’s blog. She makes me want to get crafty. And her posts about her husband’s recent deployment make me cry, but in a good way. A really really grateful way. She has such a contagiously positive attitude.
3. Getting my pages printed at Persnickity Prints. I’m all caught up with my printing, and I was able to put everything in binders. *happy dance*
4. Skype. We got to talk with a certain Little Man on Sunday. It’s so awesome to be able to actually see him from so far away. Yay technology! We heard a cello concert, saw a bunch of drawings, and heard a speech he gave about air pollution (complete with dramatic gestures and coughing).
5. Tricked Out Tuna Sandwiches
12 oz. canned tuna, drained
1/4 cup mayo or salad dressing
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 TB fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp. grated lemon peel OR a splash of lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
2 TB Italian dressing (I’ve used regular Italian, light Italian, and House Italian and they’ve all been good)
Pingback: Recipes I made (February 19-March 14) | hclappy scraps
Pingback: High Five For Friday | hclappy scraps