In a couple of days I’ll be 3 months into my 52 in 52 project. I’m kind of surprised at how far I’ve gotten on my list. Some things I’ve completed, several are in progress, many I haven’t started on, and a couple of them I might have to abandon. Looking through it, I’m excited to knock off a few more things. Here is my progress so far…
- Blog my challenges Working on it 🙂
- Go parasailing We have the gift certificate to do this, but due to circumstances beyond our control (moving, sickness, chest pain, etc.) haven’t been able to yet.
- Go ice skating Ditto #2
- Complete the exercise my age challenge (34 straight days of exercising) Attempted once and did 17 or 18 straight days, which I’m really proud of, but fell off that wagon. Will definitely try again.
- Go a month without soda This one I “almost” made. And Jason says I should have counted this as a success. I was on Week three with no soda when we had to travel for a family health emergency. During the week of traveling+hospital visits+more traveling, I had 2 or 3 sodas. So while not a complete success, definitely close. Will be trying this one again too.
- Do 144 layouts for my Twelve class (I’m counting ones I did before my birthday, since I was already a month into the class) So behind on this. Might have to be abandoned.
- Finish up last year’s P365 layouts
- Print my 2011 P365 book
- Do something new in L.A.
- Ride a bike
- Do a ballet workout
- Do a bellydancing workout
- Stay up to date with this 2012 Project Life Not completely up to date, but close.
- Try 52 new recipes (40 healthy) 6 healthy down as of 5-8
- 3 (or 4) Times Twelve project (a family photo each month) Can be found here. Caught up and blogged, except last month’s
- Donate 3 pints of blood
- Tour a sewage treatment plant
- Pick some food
Grow some herbs and use themCaprese Salad
- Have a weekend without screens (phone, computer, iPad, TV)
- Do something new in St. Augustine
- Send something to Charles each month he’s not with us So far so good. Card in February and Easter box in April. Nothing in March though. I probably won’t blog these, but I might do a post with ideas for packages.
- Read 10 books from the NYT bestseller list
- Take a dance class
- Create a vision board
- Watch 10 movies from IMDB’s top 150
Have a candlelight dinnerCinco de Mayo
- Have fondue
- Go to 5 different beaches One down, four to go!
- Have a picnic in the park
- Do Couch to 5k
- Go camping
- Wear everything in my fancy drawer once (or get rid of it)
- Get a checkup
- Go to the dentist
- Make something with puff pastry
- Take a class (other than Twelve)
- Find out what it will take to finish my Associate’s
- Do at least 5 things on my Pinterest board while Charles is here.
- Build a sandcastle
- Go geocaching
- Do 50 push ups in one go
- Do 12 Roundups Way behind on this. Might need to be abandoned.
- Do 5 hybrid projects Two done, one blogged. The first was pretty fugly, so might not post about that one. The other is here
- Get a tan
Try a new hairstylePigtails
- Watch the whole series of Lost
- Have people over
- Get a passport
Plan a nice (cheap) birthday week for Jason“Jason is Great” Week
When I wrote this list three months ago, I had no idea how much things would change in such a short time! My mom had an unexpected health scare, we drove to Nashville and back, got a chance to buy our condo, got that snatched away, found a new place, moved, Jason got offered a new job and accepted… it’s been quite a whirlwind! Just writing it all out makes me tired. But between all of that, I still did quite a few things on my list. I’m really proud of us and all we’ve accomplished the past three months.
I think I do better with small one off or short term goals, as opposed to big year long goals. The two that I’m thinking about abandoning are both yearly goals.
At least 10 of these will be marked off this summer. Super excited for that!
Ready to ramp up the healthy recipes in the coming month.
The physical challenges have been hard with some health issues I’ve been having. I will probably work on the bulk of them this fall.
Overall I’m pretty pleased with the progress so far. My goals are about having fun, working towards a healthier lifestyle, and spending time with the people I love. And I’m definitely doing that. 🙂