Today’s prompt is-
“Reasons to start…”
ugh… I knew what this one was going to be….
Reasons to (finally) start getting seriously serious about finding that ever-elusive “healthy lifestyle” for real this time…
- I want a long healthy life with Jason. That’s always the biggie. . I want to travel the world with Jason. I want to ride around the country in an RV together. I want us to die peacefully together in our sleep holding hands like that old couple in the Titanic. Except for the ship sinking/ drowning part.
- Of course the next one has to be wanting to live a long healthy life for the kids. I mean, somebody has to teach these guys how to cook, even if it’s from a distance right?. That’s going to take years and years. I want to see my sister marry someone awesome and start collecting a bunch of adopted multiracial nieces and nephews for me to spoil rotten. I want to see Little Man grow up into a Big Man.
- I want to take trapeze lessons. Like a lot.
- I want to run.
- My body deserves better than what I give it.
- I am getting old and finding that things like doughnuts and Coke actually make me sick. Should probably take that as a sign.
- Last week I reached my all time highest weight ever. That happened. Moving on.
I guess this list is kind of hard, and not for the obvious reasons. I truly don’t have a lot of hangups about my weight. I think I’m way hotter than the rest of the world thinks I am, but that’s ok. Not really looking for outside approval on that. I don’t feel guilty about eating “bad” food. I love the hell out of every bite. I don’t necessarily think that my weight is holding me back from anything. (Except trapeze lessons). I still rock my bathing suit on the beach. I still go out and do things. I really like my life. Would it really be that much more awesome if I lost weight?
So far I haven’t had any ill effects from being this size for the past 13 years. But I know they’re coming and I guess that’s what scares me. I do not want to take a handful of pills every day for preventable diseases.
On the other hand, I would like to be more active. I have goals that would be more easily met if I lost weight. I would like to feed my body with better food. It’s a process. Sometimes I’m in it, sometimes not. I don’t have any answers today. If I get any, you’ll be the first to know.
Getting way too deep with these past couple of lists! Ready for the next one.
List made 9.2.12
Curious about 30 Days of Lists? Check them out here. See all my lists (so far) here.
Pingback: “Recipe” for Chili Cheese Tator Tots | hclappy scraps
Pingback: Fall TV | hclappy scraps