Last weekend we spent a much needed three days at home together. Jason took Friday off and we saw The Amazing Sider Man 2. We had a Starbuck’s date and tried out lots of new cheeses at The Cheese Course.
Saturday was the kickoff of iNSD and I got in a full day of scrappy goodness. I made ten pages, which is a personal record! Jason did a little gaming and watched movies.
Miss Kitty has been super snuggly and wanting All The Attention since we got back from Orlando.
Sunday we had our first swim at the new place. It was lovely. We did a few laps and sat in the hot tub, which did wonders for my knee. We came home and got caught up on Once Upon A Time. Can’t wait for the season finale on Sunday!
Watching Being Human U.S. Just finished Season 3 and it was great! Sorry, but it’s put this season of Vampire Diaries to shame.
Reading Just finished World War Z. Nothing shows the best and worst of humanity like the zombie apocalypse. There are scenes in that book that will haunt me for a long time.
Listening to Fall Out Boy (My songs know what you did in the dark) and Imagine Dragons (Radioactive) on loop. Yes, I am heavily influenced by TV commercials in my musical taste.
Making lots of blog posts to let things run themselves here for a couple of weeks.
Feeling excited, but unproductive.
Planning Little Man’s birthday party. We’re on our second or third theme change, which is stressful.
Loving the quiet and solitude while it lasts.
Working out again.
Eating tons of salads.
Enjoying our last couple of days of cursing and general debauchery until we have to be good influences again.
Grabbing blog train goodies instead of doing what I’m supposed to be doing.
Taking a break from most of my CT’s for June.
Dreaming vividly and violently every. single. night. And many of them involve people on the internet that I’ve never met, although those aren’t usually the violent ones.
Getting some nice MK snuggles.
Watching Real Housewives of OC reruns.
Reading Skinned again. Jason started it this week, so I’m rereading it.
Listening to Justin Timberlake’s new album free on iTunes.
Making many failed dishes. (I should not cook while sick).
Planning nothing really, trying to survive now atm.
Loving that he makes me laugh when I’m super cranky.
Blowing my nose constantly.
Missing the Pop Stuff podcast, but happy the hosts are going on to Stuff You Missed in History Class.
Super Duper happy and excited that the Veronica Mars Kickstarter has totally surpassed their goal! And in only one day!
And go read this article.
Go ahead, I’ll wait.
Finished? Then go here.
Y’all know I watch a lot of TV. So believe me when I tell you, this is one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. Yes, it’s about high school. Yes, Paris Hilton makes a cameo. Yes, the first half of the third season was completely tragic. But other than that, it’s a really fantastic show. And it totally deserves to be made into a movie.
Because I need me some brooding. And if it’s in space, then well… I’ll just die. (Okay I don’t really expect it to be in space, but how awesome would that be??)
Watching “Dead Body” shows. The Mentalist, CSI, and Elementary. Finished up this season of Top Chef.
Reading project Life blogs looking for inspiration.
Listening to back episodes of Paperclipping Roundtable
Making lots of blog posts (does that count?)
Feeling less stressed than I have all year.
Planning ways to decorate our bedroom.
Loving that Jason is getting home before it gets dark.
Going to the gym in the evening this week.
Keeping the grocery bill near $100 a week for over a month. (It was getting out of control).
Thinking of covering the entire house with double sided tape.
Learning new tricks in WireTap Studio.
Doing weights or Pilates every day this week.
Watching The Mentalist like it’s our job.
Reading The Raven Boys. I hit a streak of really good books lately. I’ve learned quite a bit about drug legalization, the Church of England, and medieval apothecaries. The one exception is a certain Barbara Michaels book. Really terrible.
Listening to Muse.
Making Squash and Feta.
Feeling excited for our first Friday night out in like, forever.
Planning to work on some Project Life this weekend.
Loving not feeling like garbage for the first time in days.
Not much to say today. I think all of my limited creativity is taking a bit of a break. It’s mad at me for not following through on things the past couple of weeks. But I’m getting way better sleep without it pounding around in my brain all night, so that’s ok 🙂
Watching CSI reruns and Top Chef
Reading Midwives (so good!)
Listening to podcasts, as always
Making all kinds of random food. Carrot puree, Homemade cheese crackers, and lots of soup and fish.
Feeling worried about the huge pile of cash we owe in taxes this year.
Planning some homey projects.
Loving this sudden nesting instinct to prune, purge, and organize my plants and spices.
Annoyed that between Jason being on call and the cat being psycho, it feels like we have a baby in the house interrupting our sleep every night.
Looking forward to sunrise on the beach and the Garlic Festival this weekend.
This has been a week of ups and downs. Here are some of the highlights.
1. Jason is on the road to recovery. He’s asked me to keep details private, so I’ll respect that. I’m just happy everything went well and he got to stay home a few days this week. So great to have him home all day. I think the worst is hopefully over and we can get back to normal in the next couple of weeks. So happy and relieved. This has been a stressful couple of weeks for us.
2. This soup. My first attempt at cream of chicken soup and it was fantastic!
3. How Stuff Works podcasts. I love almost all of these podcasts. A couple of recent favorites are the Cult of Domesticity from Stuff Mom Never Told You (a must-listen for any hipster/ lifestyle blogger/ home cooks) and The Parenthood Wars from PopStuff.
4. Netflix Streaming. We’re blasting through the last season of Alias right now. The implausibility verges on the ridiculous sometimes, but it’s a nice escape. And they still make our jaws drop every couple of episodes. Last weekend we had an Independent film marathon. Ten Inch Hero, HottieBoombaLottie, Splinterheads, and Miss Nobody. All really good. Nice, light funny movies.
5. Cooking at home. Sometimes I get so tired of cooking. I just want to grab a box or bag of something and throw it in the oven or microwave. We all have days like that, right? Well I think my days of boxes and bags are numbered. I found something so disgusting in a bag of fries last weekend that I think I’m completely turned off of processed foods for the foreseeable future. It still makes me shudder to think about it. So my new rule is, if I can’t see what’s in the package, I’m going to think twice before buying it. Which means if I want fries, I guess I’ll have to learn how to fry things. Which I’m terrible at. Anyone know of any good baked fries recipes?
Watching Saturday Night Live reruns
Reading Insurgent, Deep Storm
Breaking Dawn soundtrack, lots of podcasts
Making Morikami inserts for Project Life
Planning for next week
Loving Jason’s white shirt a lot
Realizing when I’m stress eating Sprite and Hoho’s like they’re going out of style, it’s better to do a workout, even if I hadn’t planned one today
Remembering why I gave up soda. It makes me feel blech
Needing to do some cleaning
Looking forward to chatting with Stacey Julian at BPC tonight
Hating banks and how they like to randomly purge me from their system
Excited about the Wellington kit
Rediscovering some templates I made months ago